Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to Reality


Our time here in London is starting to wind down. We suddenly only have a month left and I feel like it completely snuck up on me. A little while ago I felt completely ready to go back to the States but now I'm not so sure. I'm starting to see things a little differently know and I'm realizing all the small things I'm going to miss. I feel that this experience is also much more final because I'm realistically not going to be able to come back to Richmond anytime soon to visit.

After realizing our time here is starting to run out, I began thinking of all the things I still need to see and do before going back. I have a huge list of museums and sights that I haven't gotten to see yet because it seemed like I had tons of time to do everything before we leave in December. I've become so accustomed to living here that I forget I'm still technically a tourist and that I have many touristy things to still cross off my list.

It's so bizarre to think that this place we currently refer to as "home" is only an extremely temporary living situation. I feel that I'm not only speaking for myself when I say that I have made some amazing friends here and have had some incredible adventures. However, in just under a month, all of this will seem so long ago and far away. We need to remember this semester forever and allow it to shape us in whatever way to always have the memories with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment