Monday, October 18, 2010

Taking Advantage of the Location


As a Marketing Communications/Advertising major, many potential jobs can start from networking. It is always important to make good impressions, for you never know how someone may be able to help you out or lend a recommendation for you. Being in London is the ultimate networking opportunity. Even the other students at Richmond University have many connections all over the world. Although we are only here for a semester, I've already met many friends who I know I will keep in touch with once I go back to America. Through the trips I have been on and other experiences of branching out, I have met some really interesting people who have promised me some amazing opportunities.

Opportunities to meet new people can happen in really unexpected places, such as a museum, on the tube, or a night out on the weekend. Back home I wouldn't have felt as confident approaching someone or starting a conversation with a person I didn't know, but being here has made me feel more daring and outgoing. I think that since I know I only have a semester here, I want to take full advantage of being in London and meeting as many interesting people possible.

Doing the Sophomore Experience Abroad has helped me feel more comfortable meeting new people and also at presenting myself as a future business professional. From this trip I have made some really strong connections with people and already feel much more capable to go out and be successful in the business world.

No comments:

Post a Comment