Monday, October 18, 2010

Getting it together



In the month that I have been in London I have found that things are not as easy as I thought they would be. From the amount of school work that I must complete to managing my budget, it all has to do with time and how you manage it. I cannot say that I have been doing the best job when it comes to managing my time but I try my best, I have three classes a day each one hour and half long some days two of them are back to back, knowing how to form a schedule is key when you know your day is limited. I noticed towards the beginning of the first WNEC course I was becoming a bit sloppy I had never really had the same class three times a day so at first it was overwhelming. As time passed by though I quickly started to adapt to the pace at which we were running the course and it made me realize what I am fully capable of. It was almost as if I were conditioning myself to be able to take on more work load with less time which is a skill necessary in the business world. As a result of going to the same class more than once a day you become close to your professors and actually spend time with them out of class like if you didn’t see them enough during the week. One professor took us to go see the London Welsh play rugby and also see a play called Glen Gary, Glen Ross both experiences were great I think having this connection with our professor will only help us build a greater level of communication than just student to professor.

When it comes to expenses things here are much more expensive not the greatest thing for a college student. I am generally very good at managing my money but when I go out to buy some necessities I always convert the price on the label to American dollars and find it to be more expensive. That’s not all I spend my money on but also when I go out with friends I tend to shred through money like never before I lose track of the fact that I am not using American dollars but pounds. These mistakes have taught me to be more precautious with my money by converting my currency and seeing where my money is more beneficial. In the long run this will benefit me by being more financially responsible and giving me that edge in the global business which will require me to be able to convert currencies and manage the distribution of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment