Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Beginning of My Adventure



It feels like I've been here for more than a month and I love it here! There is so much to do here in Richmond. Besides visiting the historical places that all tourist visit, there is something that just invites you here. It gives you a feeling of warmth and an invitation to unlimited adventure. There is adventure anywhere but when you are in a completely new and different environment, you suddenly become a different person. I've become more open to new things here than I've ever been at home. Throughout my stay here I've seized every opportunity that are outside the norm for me. For example, I went to Rome last weekend and had a great time. I don't know what made me go but I'm glad I did. I also went to Central London with kids from my school just to go and hangout. Stepping outside my box allowed me to make new friends and kept me from be so isolated from everything. Aside from that, the people here are amazing and incredibly nice. So many students here are from different places and cultures. This makes my trip even more exciting, meeting different people and learning a little about them and where they're from is pretty cool. We are all adjusting and trying to find our comfort zone. Traveling the streets of London and getting lost together creates unforgettable memories with unforgettable friends.

I don't miss home that much but I do wish that some of my friends could enjoy this experience with me. In a weird way, I'm glad they aren't here though. I think that if they were then I would just limit my own experience and stay in my own circle. I would also be wasting a trip and an opportunity to discover a world outside of my own. I plan to create as many memories as I can and enjoy every single one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment