Monday, September 27, 2010

KOKO or Bust!

I've been in London for almost a month now, however it feels like at least a year to me. The streets of the area around campus are finally starting to make sense in my head, and I'm learning where the best hot spots and pubs to go are. Living in the same small town of Coventry Connecticut my entire life, and knowing the area like the back of my hand, the experience of accommodating to a place completely unknown can only be paralleled to my first semester at school at Western New England College. However, even there I was a mere 45 minute drive away from home, not across the Atlantic Ocean. Although I have traveled to Central London already and seen great sights such as the Big Ben and the London Eye, the trip I am most anticipating is going to the famous KOKO nightclub and theatre this Wednesday. This venue has been host to numerous famous acts such as Madonna, AC/DC, The Clash, and Prince, and I am going to see the current Top 40 group 3OH!3 play there. I am excited to see on of my favorite American groups play in one of the most famous British venues there is; it is the perfect combination of a taste of home while at the same time exploring new and exciting places in England. Good thing I’ve used the tube enough to feel comfortable to get there and back without any complications. I am certainly not in Coventry anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment