Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Beautiful City

Coming over to London I did not know what to expect. I expected it to be cold, rainy and the people to be not to be as hospitable as other European countries. I was completely wrong. I have been here for a few weeks now and London is simply magnificent. The weather has been great and its people are so friendly. When I got lost in London, everyone was willing to help me. London is a great city. It has nearly everything you could ask for in a city. Great food, great people and lots to do. Walking past the London Eye and Big Ben, it was not hard to find great entertainment. Street performers are around every corner. They attract huge crowds showing off their skills. I saw a football juggler, several performers pretending to be statues scaring random people, a very funny Captain Jack Sparrow impersonator and some really good musicians. London is a great city to take pictures in if you love photography. There are some really old buildings here along with a few modern marvels. London is a mix of the old and the new. It is a city with a mixture of many different cultures. I have met people from all over the world here in London. People from China, Japan, South Africa, France, Spain and even some Americans. Everyone is incredibly friendly and very understanding. London feels like a home away from home with its outstanding hospitality, good food, friendly people and a very rich culture. At the university I have even had the chance to play some street football. I am personally a huge football fan and I am in the right city to be a football fan. I play every evening out in "the cage" at the university. I play with kids who barely speak English. Sometimes you can hear up to five different languages at a time out there. Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic and English. It does not matter what language everyone is speaking because football is our one common language. I know it has only been a couple weeks but London truly feels like my new home. I still have so much to do and yet to experience in London. I am looking forward to the next couple weeks because I know I am going to have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment