Monday, December 5, 2011

What a Wonderland!

We are now down to our last week of classes. It is crazy how fast these three months have flown by. This has been a fantastic learning and traveling experience for all of us. There have been those who traveled to Italy, France, Spain, Scotland, and Wales and more trips to come during our last week here. As our time in London comes to an end many of us are getting anxious to go home to see our friends and family. But out time here is not quite done. I feel there is still so much to do and see and not much time left to do it. Christmas is coming fast and the decorations are going up. I am so happy we get to see a taste of how they celebrate Christmas here. In Hyde Park they have sent up Winter Wonderland. It is quite incredible. Winter Wonderland is a giant Christmas Carnival with everything anyone could want. There are crazy rides unlike any that I have ever seen at amusement parks back home, let alone at a temporary carnival. Everywhere you look there is some sort of treat to be had, whether sweet or savory. (The picture shows just one of the many places to satisfy a sweet tooth.) The Winter Wonderland has so many little craft tents set up so Christmas shopping can be done right there. There is also an ice skating rink and a circus! I thought that people in the States enjoyed Christmas, but here they celebrate it on a whole new level from anything that I have ever seen before. Winter Wonderland is just one of the many wonderful experiences I have had since I have been in England. I have learned so much from friends, professors, and experiences, things I would have never known if I had not come to England. Now is the time to really take advantage of our last moments here.

No comments:

Post a Comment