Friday, December 9, 2011

It's Not Goodbye... It's See You Later :)

It seemed like just yesterday that I arrived in London, not knowing what to expect, scared to be so far from home.  But in reality, I only have eight days left over here in this country.  Who knew that time could pass so quickly?!  The experiences that I have encountered while being here have been a chance of a lifetime.  From just being able to come to London to traveling to Poland, Gibraltar, Bath, Stonehenge, Brighton and Wales, this has been one insane and memorable journey!  Who would have thought that I would be going home with a broken nose and deviated septum?  Not me, that’s for sure!  I can definitely say that Wales was by far the most exciting and I guess you could say “dangerous” trip I went on.  I suggest everyone goes there!  Being able to experience another country at such a young age has changed me in so many ways.  I have never been so grateful for what I have at home until coming here.  That makes it sound like this place stinks but that’s not the case.  Being away from home for almost four months has opened my eyes and made me realize how much I actually have.  It is nice to be going home in eight days because I am more than ready but I know that I will miss certain aspects of this country.  The food is not one of them. J  I know I will miss being able to go out and have a drink when I want to, after all who wouldn’t like to do that?  Especially after a stressful week with school.  I will also miss the public transportation.  Coming from a town that doesn’t have public transportation, it was a huge difference to me.  It was nice to not have to drive anywhere or pay for my gas.  And I will miss the people I have met – they’ve been very helpful and warm.  All in all, this journey has been one of a lifetime and will always be a memory.  Hopefully someday I will come back to this exciting place called London.

No comments:

Post a Comment