Sunday, December 4, 2011

Seeing my Cousin in London


A few months ago I was told that I was going to be having a visitor come to see me in London in the midst of my study abroad experience. It turned out that my cousin was visiting London for the better part of a week for her birthday. She was staying in the Savoy Hotel with her boyfriend. The Savoy is across from the London Eye, and is only a 20 minuet walk from Tower Bridge. We made plans to meet with each other on the third day that they were in london, once they had gotten over the jet lag. I was more than happy to make the trip out to Central London to meet with my visitors to explore around the area that they were staying in.
We decided to meet in from of the Tate Modern Museum at noon to begin our day together. I went out on my own without a map or plan on how to get to the museum because I wanted to be able to navigate around by learning the way myself. I eventually made it to the Tate Museum and found my cousin and her boyfriend. We decided to started walking towards the Tower Bridge in search of a place to have lunch. We found nice place that was built in an old tube station. We had a delicious lunch along with a very fine bottle of wine which was delicious. Once we left the restaurant we noticed that there was a lot of people out on this day. We started to follow some of the crowds of people which led to a huge open air market full of fresh food and drinks. I was amazed by the number of people who were outside walking around and spending their time in the city, instead of in their homes.
This experience of being out with my cousin showed me how alive the city of London is, and how active its patrons can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment