Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Weekend in Paris


This past weekend I went to Paris along with another WNE student, Brett, as well as my roommate here at Richmond University, Jeremy. The three of us left for Paris on Thursday afternoon and arrived in Paris around 8pm. We were so excited to be in this amazing city we didn’t know what to do first. We ended up walking from the hostel we were staying at all the way to the other side of the city to go see the Eiffel Tower, and along the way made many different stops at the cool places we found. By the time we got to the Eiffel Tower it was almost mid-night, but the long walk was well worth the amazing sight of the Eiffel Tower all lit up. The two days we went all over the city and visited many of the major attractions including the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Louvre just to name a few. These were all really cool things to see, but nothing topped climbing to the top of the Eiffel Tower. The three of us decided that it would be the most fun to climb the 674 stairs to the second floor, where from there we could take an elevator to the top. After a long climb up the stairs and a quick elevator ride we reached the top of the tower; and I can honestly say it was well worth every single one of those 674 to the top. The view was one of the most of things I have ever seen. Another thing I enjoyed was the French food that we throughout the weekend. My roommate who is French recommended many French dishes for me to try. These included a dish I had for dinner called beef bourguignon and then for breakfast I tried many different things from the French bakeries including baguettes, croissants, and pain au chocolat. Overall the weekend was a very memorable one. The three of us shared many laughs along the way and saw many of the most famous attractions in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment