Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Week in Italy



Over fall break, I spent the week exploring different parts of Italy. The journey was incredible and it was absolutely a once in a lifetime opportunity. There were seven of us all together; Jess, Allie, Brooke, Colleen, Joe, Mike M, and I, and we all started out in Rome. We spent two days there and did a hop-on-hop-off bus tour. It was indescribable to be able to see everything within The Vatican, go inside the Colosseum, see the Fountain of Trivi, and countless other things. While in The Vatican, we went to the Basilica as well as the Sistine Chapel and experienced all of the history that was there.  We were even able to meet up with some of the other SEA people, which was great. We then took a train into Florence where we stayed for another two days. Although there was not as much to see or do, it was a great place to experience. Once again, we had both days on a hop-on-hop-off bus and it was a great way to see everything the first day so that we could decide what to go back to the second day. The architecture in Florence was amazing. The following day we took a train to Pisa to see the leaning tower. We were all aware that it is about the only thing to see in Pisa but it is something that you could not miss. We were able to go inside and climb all the way up to the top where we could see everything. Learning the history of the leaning tower was great, how it was not safe to be in for a long time; all the things I had been clueless about. Finally, we made another two day trip to Venice which was breathtaking. Although it poured wind driven rain the entire time we were there I was still in awe. Our experience in those two day only made our trip more memorable. When I imagine Italy, Venice is what I see with the gondolas and most transportation being by water. I would not take back any part of my trip and I learned so much. I wish I could do it all again. 

The plastic "boots" we had to buy to survive the rain and flooding in Venice.

1 comment:

  1. for those who go to Venice recommend buying boots handbag GOLDON www.goldon.it

    ReplyDelete