Friday, November 2, 2012

Cliffs of Moher


Cliffs of Moher
I think one of the best things about studying abroad so far is definitely the travel opportunities and fall break was definitely a week I will remember.  Jenn and I started the week off in Barcelona and then made our way to Liverpool and Ireland at the end of the week.  One of my favorite places we went however was a 14 hour bus tour to the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland.
It was here that we were over 300 feet above sea level while looking out at a gorgeous view.  The amount of time spent on the crowded bus was well worth it because we got to see plenty of sights along the way too, including a tour of the city of Galway.  Most of the time it felt like the bus was zooming down these little roads in the middle of nowhere and all you could see was the landscape and hills for miles.  At some points it even felt like our group of people on the bus were the only people in the area.  The bus driver made frequent pit stops and we even stopped at a little pub for lunch where we had amazing chicken tenders, or should I say chicken “goujons.”

I had never seen anything like this before and it really opened my eyes to the Irish culture and a whole different way of life, especially when I saw all the little tiny houses in villages which seemed to be out in the middle of nowhere.  I couldn’t believe that people actually live out there in the hills with the sheep, horse, and cow wildlife.  I was truly amazed by all that I saw.  It is still hard to believe that there is more to Ireland than just the city of Dublin, which is where our hostel was.  I enjoyed Dublin a lot too, but I think having a break from being in the cities like London, Barcelona, and Liverpool was a good refresher.  It gave me time to realize that there are so many more different places in the world that I haven’t been to yet and I can’t wait to discover even more in my last 2 trips of the semester to Greece and Portugal!

No comments:

Post a Comment