Thursday, October 18, 2012

Weekend in Wales



            Last weekend I took part in the school trip to Wales. It was by far the best weekend I have had since coming here. We left Friday afternoon and it took us six hours to get to Preseli Venture in Pembrokeshire, Wales. We spent the night hanging out in the lodge meeting new people. I went to be fairly early because I wanted to be rested for the morning. In the morning I had breakfast, then went to the building where the supplies were. In order to be prepared for coasteering I had to put on a winter wet suit, socks, a life vest, sliding shorts, and a helmet. We drove about 20 minutes away to the ocean and hiked for 10 minutes before we arrived to where we would be climbing down. Once we reached as far as we could go we jumped in the water. It was cold at first, but the wet suit kicked into action and did its job keeping me warm. We swam all along the coast, climbing on rock and even going into a cave. The highest rock I jumped from was around 20 feet high. It was quiet the adrenaline rush.
            That afternoon I went for an awesome 7-mile hike. The views were amazing. There were so many cool cliffs and caves and neat rock formations to see. We even saw tons of cows and sheep. After the long, tiring hike we went back for dinner and hung out by the fire for a little while. The next morning I did the same routine except this time I was surfing instead. I had never been surfing before and I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to stand up and ride the waves. We got to the beach and the instructors taught us how to catch waves. After catching a few I decided to try and stand up and on my first try I rode a wave. It was such a great feeling and I kept on doing it for the rest of the time. Preseli Venture was such an amazing place and I have so many great memories from that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment