Monday, November 7, 2011

When In Rome

For the last week of October we had fall break, and many of us took this opportunity to travel to different parts of Europe. For break, I went to Italy along with three other SEA students. We went for nine days and visited Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Pisa. The trip was completely planned by ourselves, and it was the first time that any of us had been to a non-English speaking country. We visited the big three of Italy, which are the Colosseum, the Duomo in Florence, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Bologna was a very nice city, something that I found very interesting there was that every sidewalk is covered by arches, so if it ever rains you are always undercover. Florence was also a very beautiful city; within the first twenty minutes of being there, I had already seen the Duomo of Santa Maria del Fiore, which is a huge dome. I also went up to the Piazzale Michelangelo where you can see the entire city, and it was an incredible view. The next city I went to was Rome, which was also an amazing city. The first day there, I went into the Colosseum and the Roman Forum; I also went and made a wish at the Trevi Fountain later that night. The Trevi Fountain was definitely my favorite place in Rome, it was simply mesmerizing and I could have spent the entire day sitting there. The last city that I visited was Pisa. Pisa was a very small city but seeing the leaning tower was really neat, as well as taking a lot of funny pictures with it. I had a lot of fun on this trip and I would love to go back to all of the places that I visited again if I ever get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment