Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ciao Italia!




I went to Italy for the fall break with three of my friends. We were there for nine days and was able to visit five different cities; Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Pisa. My favorite out of all of them by far was Florence. It was the middle of the trip, so I already got a taste of what the Italian food and culture was like. When I arrived I was immediately attracted to the huge Cathedral in the middle of the city, it was impossible to miss. The architecture was amazing and I already knew I was going to love this city.
As I walked to the hostel we were staying at, I took in all the shops and vendors. There were expensive shops as well as cart vendors selling souvenirs. When we finally reached the hostel, we found the owner to be very kind and he gave us a map and some recommendations for things to do while we were there. One of the ideas was to walk across the river and hike up a steep hill and then we would have a view of the city. So we decided this would be a good idea and we headed out. We hiked our way up the hill and I was not expecting what I saw when I reached the top. The view of Florence was absolutely breath-taking. I was able to see for miles over the city and I took many pictures. The Cathedral stood high and towered over all the other buildings in the city. We stayed up there until the sun started to set and then we walked back down. It was one of the most spectacular views I have ever seen in my life.
We spent two days in Florence and I fully enjoyed my stay there. The food was delicious as usual, the shopping was plentiful, and the buildings were fun to admire. I was able to buy some gifts for my family because there was such a variety to choose from.
I was sad to leave Florence, the other cities in Italy were beautiful in their own ways and each had something unique to offer. Florence stood out to me the most and I am thrilled that I got to see it. I would definitely recommend anyone to visit there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment