Saturday, October 15, 2011


Upon our arrival to the university, our group of 16 students had only a few hours until we our bus tour around London. Shortly after placing down my luggage, we started our walk down to the Richmond tube station to head towards central London. By the time we had reached our buses, the entire group was practically sleep walking. But once the bus tour started, I was rejuvenated by all of the scenery around me. When we stopped at Buckingham Palace to walk around, there were crowds of people all around. Besides the amazing sights, what I was surprised by was the massive amounts of people that were out and about. Even people who are from England are drawn to London to walk around and see the sights and old architecture. In addition to the well-known sights to see there is also a very diverse array of stores, restaurants, pubs, clubs, service shops, and outside vendors. London has just about anything one could ask. It is because of this that there so much diversity, and respect for diversity in London. If I had not came here to London, I would not have had the opportunity to speak with people from Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Venezuela, France, and many other places. Speaking with these people gave me a great appreciation for people of other cultures and languages. Speaking with individuals who are still learning to speak English is not something I had previously done on a regular basis. But now that I have been, it is very interesting to hear their views, and to see what they are interested in. Now that I have spent a good amount of time here in London I really appreciate the mixture of cultures that is present. There is always an experience out there for anyone, no matter what kind of things are of interest to them. As of right now, with all the possible adventures that are here in London, I think it will be hard for me to leave come mid December.

No comments:

Post a Comment