Monday, September 19, 2011

Life in London and Richmond

It's been nearly three weeks since I've stepped off the plane at Heathrow Airport, and bgan my three month journery here in London. I have seen some very cool and interesting things since I've been in and around Richmond. A few of these things are all the neat little shops that line the street of downtown Richmond. I've stopped in a few restaurants as well, and discovered a great Italian restaurant, where the food is always good and the prices are low! I've been twice now and the owner recognizes who I am, and I know I'll be back for more. I've also ventured into central London and have gotten the chance to see how busy it can get on a saturday night. I went mostly into souvenir stores, but also went into see M&M's world, and we went to an English McDonalds as well. the next week, a few of us went into central London again to go on the London eye, a little after it got dark, and the views from the top were amazing! You could see all of London and a little beyond, and it was neat to see everything lit up at night. The following day we went to Kingston, a local shopping district only about twenty minutes away, and did some shopping in some local department stores, as well as a music/DVD store similar to Best Buy, and went to a "99 pence" store to buy some food and other goods before taking the bus back to campus. Classes have also begun and everyone seems to be settling in well, and getting used to the big adjustment. We are getting ready to start debates in our Business and Society class, so most of usare doing lots of preparations to get underway. That's all thats going on for now, but stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment